Taste of Ireland Competition Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions before entering our ‘Taste of Ireland’ Competition:
- Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
- Entry is only open to Australian and New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The promotion begins on 22nd November 2021 and closes at 11:59am AEDT on 7th December 2021 (“promotional period”).
- To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period: (a) visit the Tourism Ireland Australia competition page at https://www.ireland.com/en-au/features/australia/taste-of-ireland-competition/; (b) ‘To win the Irish gourmet hamper tell us in 25 words or less which region you would like to travel on the Island of Ireland and why’
- There is a limit of one (1) entry per person during the promotional period.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The prize winner will be chosen by Tourism Ireland with the winner chosen on the basis that they have answered the question, ‘To win the Irish gourmet hamper tell us in 25 words or less which region you would like to travel on the Island of Ireland and why’, and that answer was deemed to be the best of all the entries by a panel of two Tourism Ireland Australia employees.
- The competition will be judged at Tourism Ireland, Level 16, 109 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 on 9th December 2021 at 11.30am AEDT. The winner will be notified via email within two (2) business days of the judging and their name may be published on Tourism Ireland Australia’s Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/DiscoverIrelandOz).
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No purchase is necessary however internet access is required to enter.
- The chosen winning entries will win one (1) gourmet hamper filled with various Irish products.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- There is no cash prize alternative.
- Total prize value (per unit) is AUD$200. Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- The winners must respond in writing by email by 10th December 2021 at 11:59AM AEDT to claim their prize. A second judging for the prize, if unclaimed, may take place in January 2022, at the same place as the original judging, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. In the case of a winner, they will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the judging.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Personal Data:
Tourism Ireland is entitled with a view to the execution of the competition to store and process the personal data obtained within the scope of the competition from the participants in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Act to the extent necessary for the implementation of the competition. The participants are entitled to access or correction in accordance with the statutory provisions and may revoke their consent given online with a view to the processing of their data at any time for the future by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner will be contacted via the email address submitted as part of the competition entry and will be required to provide a valid postal address in order for Tourism Ireland to make prize delivery arrangements. Arrangements may be made directly through Tourism Ireland or through an agency. Information will need to be shared with relevant parties including prize providers and courier companies in order to make the delivery, Tourism Ireland will share only minimal information to facilitate delivery.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) use of and/or participation in the prize.
- By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstake, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.